Help change lives by joining the Mid-Cumberland Meals-on-Wheels Volunteer Team!
We love to have individuals, businesses, churches, girl and boy scout troops, grade school classes and civic groups come to volunteer! It doesn’t matter whether you are a one person or a group of 20, come volunteer! We would love to have you!
Top 10 Reasons We Love Our Volunteers
- Volunteers have “hearts of gold” and truly make a difference.
- Volunteers foster a sense of family for a lonely senior.
- Volunteers drive nearly 380,000 miles annually delivering meals.
- The seniors look forward to seeing the smiling face of the volunteers because often the volunteer is the only person the senior could see that day.
- If the program had to pay delivery drivers instead of using volunteers, the program would serve 20–25% fewer meals. Volunteers are critical to the program!
- Many volunteers will bring their children to deliver so they are teaching their children the importance of “giving back” to the vulnerable members of their community.
- Volunteers will also deliver donated cat and dog food to seniors’ pets because pets are often a seniors’ only family, and the senior can't afford pet food.
- Volunteers deliver the only meal a senior may have in a day.
- Volunteers are reliable and always ready to deliver.
- Volunteers save lives! Volunteers have been able to call 911 for seniors who have collapsed in their homes.
For questions please contact Sharon McDaniel at email@example.com or by phone at 615-595-1225.